Sunday, October 2, 2011

Got The 5x7 Ready To Go

I have lots of darkroom work to do next week when I am off work, yard work etc but I also want to make some photographs! I have my 5x7 Linhof all ready to go (my 4x5 Linhof is in storage in Thailand waiting on my return), will shoot the 5x7 on my days of. Maybe I can start the "My Father At 80 Series" !!

Am quite excited about using the 5x7 to do portraits. I will have to find some other kind of reflector here in Canada as I left my reflector in Thai as well. I will post some of the 5x7 portraits as they are shot and developed.

Looking at the work of other photographers is so inspirational, whether it be Edward Weston, Walker Evans, Jock Sturges, Sally Mann or lately the work of Kenro Izo. To see all their work inspires me to get out their and create, and when I get decent results it pushes me forward  to work harder and longer.

I feel I am making the best photographs of my life but that I am also running out of time, the our glass is running out of sand I need to push myself harder to create the work that I need to make.

Ain't Photography Grand!