Monday, September 12, 2011

Shot a lot, anything good?

I shot a lot of film today but am sure how much good stuff I got, used the flash for maybe 60% of the photographs but I had no choice as the light was low, boy am I glad I brought it! I was thinking that I might not bring the flash but it has been extremely important for me, both the Leica flash and the flash I use with the Linhoff.

Tomorrow I plan on taking the 4x5 out again and shooting a bunch of portraits of the boxers. I am getting close to the people at the gym now, I am no longer that farang to many of them but instead they are asking and remembering my name. I also know the names of about 1/2  of the boxers and trainers, maybe 15 people.

Many of the younger boxers smile and wai me when they see me (a sign of respect) and I am even being boxed at. The people in the gym always play box, had that happen to me 3 or 4 times today. Khune Gai Sri Wit even showed me how to block a round house kick with my leg. I am really starting to feel like part of the family. Thought today how great it would be to do a documentary movie on the people and the gym, I am not really a movie maker, but heck there is a first time for everything! Maybe something to think about!