Friday, September 16, 2011

One More Day in Klong Toey Slum-Gym

I have one more day to shoot in Klong Toey this trip. I will be traveling to Korea on Sunday afternoon so tomorrow will be my last full day of shooting in Thailand.

I am going to try to get out earlier so I can photograph the canal houses I photographed last trip as well as people along the railway track. At 3pm I will return to gym to make my last training photographs, portraits.

Today went well, did lots of portraits including some of a veteran champion boxer named Khune You, who is 30 years old and studied Muay Thai for 22 years.

Joh the female monkey bit an old women who works at a restaurant across from the gym this afternoon. I want to try and photograph this old woman tomorrow if I can, she has a kind face.

There is also a man named Khune Bao I hope to photograph, he speaks English and was a sailor when he was younger, he traveled the world and said he had a women in every country.