Thursday, September 15, 2011

More Gym Photos

Took more photos at the outdoor gym today. I feel part of a family now, people know my name, sit down and talk to me. I was waied maybe 10 times today which is nice. People are not really surprised to see me (today was my 5th day), they seem almost to expect me to be there.

Today I did not speak English at all, that seems to happen more more to me in Thailand. In the last week there might have been only 1-2 days where I spoke English. What is kind of cool is that you start responding to people without thinking of what your saying, it just starts flowing naturally out of your mouth. Before when I spoke Thai I would think of each sentence before I said it, now many times something happens and it just comes out naturally. If I could live in Thai long term I am sure I would become fluent, my problem is I keep getting to the stage I am at now then returning to Canada and forgetting everything.

I also learned more about Khune Pong's life, how he trains farang and Japanese children at another gym. I also learned his wife is Khune Gop (the lady that runs the store across from the gym). He seemed subdued today so I went and talked to him. I asked him if he was tired, he said he had a tired heart (family problems).

I took more photos of the younger boxers today but am unsure how successful they will be. I have little experience using the 4x5 with direct flash. I am worry about the shadows and the depth of focus (shooting at f11 with a 150mm).

Hopefully the photos will turn out if not then I will just re shoot them with the razzle (Kermit) 4x5 I should be getting from Australia soon. That camera is handheld with a 90mm lens so should be a bit easier to handle in fluid situations like the gym.