Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Malaysia Hotel

The first time I came to Thailand I stayed at the Malaysia hotel in Bangkok the year was 1996. In the years since not much has changed. In 1996 I did not realize it but the Malaysia was mostly a gay farang tourist hotel today it is still mostly by gay men from around the world. When I went to the hotel restaurant today their were four older men with very brown skin rubbing suntan oil on their bodies and laying around the pool. Guess these guys had not heard of skin cancer because they were just lopping up the sun, it would have been interesting to talk to and photograph these men thou the g-string bikini swimsuit with potbelly was a bit much.

When I woke up today I had a sore left archilles tendon again and had problems walking. I thought if I went to have a massage it might help and it did help. I also got to meet an old friend I had not seen for maybe 8 years. The lady that gave me my first ever Thai massage still worked in the shop, she now has aged 22 and 19, and is a relationship with a 50+ year old farang male. I was happy to see her but also a bit sad, she had aged and had some kind of problem with her hair, she seemed to be going bald hopefully its not the sign of a bigger health issue. Its strange to meet someone you know but have not seen for a long time, I no doubt have changed as much to her as she has to me. She took extra care of my injury and the massage seems to have helped it quite a bit, the wonders of Thailand! A 2 hour massage is not something I could afford in Canada.