Monday, September 26, 2011

Last Day In Bangkok

I got up early and took a taxi down to the slum shacks on the klong I photograpohed last year with the xpan (see link).

Klong Toey slum shacks and canal

 This year I felt much more comfortable shooting there, it was very noisy with cars, trucks, taxis, tuk tuks and motorcycles wizing by. I felt at peace and was able to concentrate on making the photos even waved at 5 or 6 people who came out of their shacks to say hello or to do some work. At one point I even was crawling around in the muddy areas under the freeway pillars trying to get a more telling composition. Gosh I love this country, it is so filled with life, so filled with activity, so filled with photographic stories to tell.

Now its back to the room to pack away todays film, then pack my bag a quick shower and I am off to the land of ICE hockey.