Saturday, September 17, 2011

Exhausted

Today was tough, I enjoyed making the photos as always but lugging around my 4x5 through the slum on motorbikes, in taxis, up and down stairs is wearing me out. My 4x5 kit is as follows;

- Linhof 4x5 2000
- carbon fiber tripod with Manfrotto head
- 25 4x5 filim holders
- Flash for the 4x5
- reflex viewfinder for the Linhof
- Pentax spot meter
- 150mm Nikon lens
- 75mm Schneider lens
- 300mm Nikon lens (did not bring it on today's shoot).
- silver/gold folding reflector

I also took my Leica with 28mm F 2 and 11 rolls of Tri-x today.

Lugging all that STUFF in the heat/dust/noise of Bangkok wheres you out. In the future I have to work on my conditioning before doing trips like this. I am 47, I will not be able to continue to do this in the future unless I get into better shape.