Sunday, August 14, 2011

Simplifying My Shooting

This coming 3 week trip to Thailand I plan on simplifying my shooting. In the past I would take tons of equipment and try to do a variety of things (usually not very well). This trip I am going to limit myself to 2 cameras and 2 lens.

Lecia M6 with 28mm F2
and
Linhof 4x5 with a Nikon 150mm F5.6

Both Larry Louie and Jock Sturges use one camera and one lens, since it works so well for them I can certainly give it a try!

I will shoot Tri-x with both cameras. The hope is that by limiting my tools I can make better photographs. I want to let the tech side just flow naturally and to do that I need to limit the lens/camera/film combinations. If I can continue doing this for an extended period of time these 2 camera set up combinations should allow me to work without thinking tech stuff.

I hope this will lead to more interaction with my subject and a better understanding of who they are and will allow more concentration on what really maters, THE PICTURE!