Saturday, August 27, 2011

Called In Help

Well, spent the last 5 days floundering around in my darkroom trying to fix the leak problem I had. I ended up buggering up my knee and burning myself numerous times. Today I gave it up and called in the plumbing people, will cost extra but at least I can stop this suffering, boy am I a shitty plumber! I admire trades people who have the skills to do this kind of work. Meeting people in strange countries and making photographs, or being in dangerous situations and making photographs seems so much easier than soldering a copper pipe with water in the line!!

I will be without my darkroom till at least Tuesday maybe longer. This has put a real dent in my ability to make some prints for the klong toey people. I have to work all next week 12 hour shifts, the darkroom is down for the next 4 days or so, when can I print? I also wanted to do more testing with zone metering portraiture. I will have to shoot the film the next 2 days then develop them when the darkroom is up and running, after my nightshifts.  Got to go put some ice on my knee. Next time! Call the plumber straight off!

I hope the knee is not an issue in Thai, I already have to carry lots of gear around in the blazing heat, leg problems are not needed. Hopefully I will get into a zone when there and can work through this. The photos are what matters, I have to work through any physical ailments.

Suffering to make photos is great, suffering to fix a water leak sucks!