Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Show Opening Tomorrow

Well spent 5 hours trying to make my frames and mounting look as nice as it can. I had big problems with dust behind the acrylic (plastic) in the frames, I wanted to get the non reflective museum glass but for all my frames (14 frames in the show) it might have cost me another $1000, just do not have that kind of money. My friend Rob who cut the frame sections for me gave me free sheets of the acrylic. The plastic transmits light very well, so that art of it is nice, it makes the photos glow thou there are reflections and the dust and scratches were hard to handle.

I feel like a multi tasker on this show project, I :

1) shot the photos
2) developed the film
3) printed the negatives
4) cut the mat boards (OK but not great quality)
5) put together all the frames (my friend Rob cut the frame sections for me in his shop)
6) wrote up all the information sheets, title sheets etc.


I have 1 more sex worker print to make tonight and then was dry and mount it in the frame and mat waiting for it. It will be exciting tomorrow to be at the opening where we expect over 100 people but gosh darn this is all tiring need to take a rest. I will make a video of the opening and try to post it online in the coming days. Now off to the darkroom and one more all night printing session for this show.