Tuesday, July 5, 2011

More Jobo Problems

9 days before the opening and I have more Jobo processor problems. My main machine that I was using to make color prints stopped working (the pump stopped circulating water). I had to dig out my backup Cibachrome process I bought 4 months back.

I do not have time to deal with equipment problems now, I am working 12 hour nightshifts and want to come home and print for 2 or 3 hour before going to bed and working another nightshift. Instead of doing printing today I spent my time moving around processors. At first I could not get the second processor working but it seems to be working now, for how long is anyones guess.

A few days ago I had problems with my enlarger as well. I had to replace the enlarger bulb then I lost my power regulator, luckily I had a second enlarger and power regulator I could scavenge and use.

Seems the darkroom gods do not want me to finish my color printing, I am into the backups of 2 different pieces of equipment. Luckily I planned for breakdowns with these backups. I will have to get new backups for the backups I am currently using. Money money money!

Will be glad when I am done printing for this show, the second show in October should be easier going. The 8x10 negatives are much easier to print and their will be no color work so no Jobo processor issues.