Monday, July 4, 2011

Box Set

First day back at work, spent 14 hours in the darkroom last night, feel worn out.

Worked on doing a box set of white background sex worker photos. I am making up a very small print selection for a box set of 5 prints. The actual print size is around 6x8 inches, the print will be mounted in a 8x10 mat and over mat (window cut). I needed something to place on the gallery table beside Jonathan's book and Larry's booklet, so I made this box set up. I will have to cut the mats this week at work but I think I got the prints all done last night. Doubt I will sell any of the boxes but hopefuly one might sell which would help offset the cost of my coming flights to Thailand. I am not buying any more equipment and have enough film and darkroom supplies for now, but money is really short, I have to live cheaply my next few trips.

I initially was going to have only 10 photos in the show but that number has grown to 13 or 14 now. I also wanted to show some more of the white background stuff so this little set of 5 mini prints will do that. I am not sure how much to charge for the box, it will be a limited edition of 25 boxes (never make that many or sell that many but its a good marketing tool). There is lots of work involved in making this thing up so wanted to be compensated for that.

The big white background stuff I am going to list at $800, the smaller 35mm slum photos at $600, might have to list this one box set at $399. Hope hope something sells, if not thats ok, getting the work seen is where its at.