Monday, June 20, 2011

Framing At Work This Week

I had a pretty good printing week. I did the 2 white background sex worker shots for the show and also printed the smoking man and old man shots. I started the children on the train tracks shot yesterday and will make two more attempts at it tonight (start working my nighshifrs tomorrow night). I am not sure I got all those photographs, might have to do some reprints. When your doing reprints thou its easier as your making slight adjustments to prints you pretty much have figured out, I have have mask cuts and a feel for the negatives already it just requires adjust. My 35mm Prints are a bit contrasty, a bit darkly printed but I like the look of the prints, sort of a warmtone, contrasty, bleached highlight look. I think they are quite moody and hopefully not overprinted, I will take a good look at them in the lighting next week when I hang them.

I am going to take the mat cutter and mat board to work this week along with the frames, plastic fronts etc. I want to make up at least 5 completed final photographs for the show, maybe more. If I do the mat cutting and final framing at work during my nightshifts this week I can hang them early next week. I am still waiting on the cut white framing for the 2 sex worker white background photos but the rest of the framing material is cut.

I also want to try doing some color printing this coming work week. I need to do 1 color print of the brothel workers and might also do a few square head ring flash shots as well. If I could get all the color work done on a regular work week it would leave that much less to do in my final week of printing before the show. In my final week I want to work on a a shot of a boy sitting on the train tracks, of the 2 xpan slumscapes with canals/slum houses and maybe a shot of 2 children behind a screen window (not sure of the composition on this photograph). I might also need to do some reprints the final week.

I have a busy schedule but think everything is going to be finished in time, I wanted to have it all done and hung 2 days before the show on Tuesday July 12th.