Saturday, June 11, 2011

First Show Print Framed-Sort-Ah

Put my first print into a frame for the show. I am going to Larry's gallery on Monday to hang a few framed prints to see how they look. I had problems with the plastic I am testing in place of the non reflective glass (the plastic is free from my friend Rob). I love the light transfer through the plastic, the print shines under the light. The problem I am facing is tons of hairs and dust, I need to wipe the plastic with a wet sponge, sort of half did that with other tools but it did not work well. The other problem is the plastic is highly reflective and in my small section of the gallery show there is a large window so I am not sure the plastic will work.

The frame looks good, acceptable but not great, some of the corners are off a bit, I will try to adjust and sand them to get a better fit before the show opening. For the test hanging I cut my own over mat and did a surprising not terrible job! I tried a new way to cut the mats, I got some small over-cuts and one corner has a tiny tiny tear. I think that with more practice I might actually be able to cut the mats myself for the show. I have a good mat cutter, I just need practice cutting these darn things. Like anything practice makes perfect.

Will go cut another over mat then off to bed, another 12 hour night shift tonight.