Thursday, May 5, 2011

Frames Cut

Cut the framing for the show tonight with my friend Rob, actually he did the hard work if truth be told. Got all the pieces I will need now unless I go to a glass instead of the plastic Rob gave me. I have always been a believer in glass but the plastic does look very good, is lighter and transmits more light, the down side is plastic might attract a bit more dust and scratch more easy. I have to get the over mats cut yet but need to finish all my prints before I can do that. I also have to sand, ink, wipe down and put together the frames. The frame profile is a nice black glossy metal thats an inch and 1/4 off the wall with a thin almost flat face. The off white mat boards and the warm tone b/w prints should look nice, hopefully the metallic finish paper color stuff with off white over mats will also look OK, in the frames. All frames measure 20x24, all prints will be on 16x20 paper size with a smaller image size.