Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"Faded Lives", Details

Well the June show has been moved to Thursday July 14, and now has a name "Faded Lives" I had a meeting tonight with Larry and Jonathan the 2 other participants and we hammered out some details. There will be 150 show cards made up, we will each get 50 to hand out. There will be a press release as well as various reviewers and press people invited along with local photographers, artists, friends and family. We will serve wine and catered food, which will help create a friendly atmosphere.

The one part I am not to keen on is each photographer will do a little talk about their work to the gathered people. Larry will do most of the speaking but Jonathan and I will each have our moment in the spotlight, I will give a very short 4 or 5 minute speel about myself and the history of the photographs being shown. I am not big on public speaking but it is one of those things I need to improve at, in the future if the photography career continues to grow decent public speaking skills will be required.

It should be a pretty awesome evening. Hopefully I can add my work to the Provincial Archives in June to have an extra credit, Larry and Jonathan are both pretty heavy hitters, a foundation of the arts buy would add a bit of weight to my CV.