Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Emotional Involvement

Was just setting up the darkroom for tonight's all night printing session and was thinking of the importance of emotional involvement in your photographs. I talked of this before but I need to find my Minomata, something that I can throw my body and soul into, something that I am absolutely passionately involved in.

Maybe it will be a specific aspect of the sex worker subject, maybe people scavenging the dumps of Cambodia, it might even involve something in another part of the world, but I need to find it. I feel my technical ability it is at a high enough level that I can make the photographs I want to but I need to find that subject thats going to inspire me to do the work. I might have found it already in the peoples project will see how that goes next trip when I am in Cambodia.

I need to find a subject that I would die for, something that I can throw everything into and forget everything else.