Saturday, April 9, 2011

35mm Klong Toey Work

Well I have all the contacts completed from the November Thai trip both in b/w and color. Today I am going through a selection of 35mm negs shot in Klong Toey. The Leica lens are very expensive the 28mm F2 I used in Klong Toey was around $3000 but boy is it a wonderful, sharp,fast lens!

I am making 11x14 prints of some of the negs, the prints have grain (tri-x) film but look quite wonderful. I am very pleased so far with the look of the 11x14 RC prints. I think I will probably change the photos chosen for the Larry group show again. I am thinking now to do 5 or 6 children photographs from Klong Toey along with 4 or 5 color Cambodian brothel portraits shot in 2003.

When I return to Cambodia I expect to take 2 of the Leicas with a few lens choices to continue the work with this wonderful camera system.