Sunday, March 13, 2011

Cambodia

Planning a trip to Cambodia, am getting excited about it even thou it is quite far off. I am reading more about the Khmer Rouge period in Cambodia and other Cambodian history in general. I also have to make a concerted effort to do my best to learn more Khmer, I need to be able to talk to people even if it is on the most basic of levels.

I wonder how difficult it would be to rent a motorbike to travel the capital of Phnom Penh. If I could have a motorcycle I could travel at my leisure finding and photographing anyone/thing that I find of interest. It would also be a lot easier to transport the 4x5 with tripod that way. Will probably just hire someone to drive me but have to check into the renting thing more closely.

I want to photograph Cambodians who survived the Khmer Rouge genocide.