Sunday, February 20, 2011

One More Nightshift

I have one more night shift and then will have the week off to work on my photography. I need to start working on some fiber prints for the May show this week. The idea is to make the selections then start working on 11x14 prints to learn the negs before proceeding to 16x20 prints that I will show in the group exhibition.

Before I can go ahead with the printing I need to finish developing all the b/w film from the trip. I found a few more rolls hidden away and have 4 more 120 and 1 35mm roll to develop before I am done. Once I get all the b/w film developed I can start printing. I still have a fairly a zip log back of 220 color Portra film to develop as well but that is not as urgent. I am unsure what the final selection of images will be right now I am leaning away from printing any color work for the show but that feeling might change as I develop the 220 stuff.

Am also working on getting the framing done, will check into 2 ways of doing it, one getting them made by a shop (expensive) and the second getting the help of a friend who is an excellent hands on type of guy, he has experience making his own frames so I might give that cheaper option a try.

I also want to do a series of photographs of my father this week and maybe even a few still lifes of dead fish. Will post snything thats halfway decent.