Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Film Order

Ordered:
20-50 sheet boxes of 4x5 Tri-x
10-50 sheet boxes of 5x7 Tri-x
and
5-100 foot rolls of 35 Tri-x

This should carry me through the next trip to Thailand. I will take all the 35mm film plus 1 I have in the freezer along with around 750 sheets of the 4x5. It looks like the 5x7 will have to stay at home (even thou some of my 5x7 film is getting outdated). I find I can shoot faster and easier (lighter) with the 4x5. I want to really go gungho shooting large format next trip and the 4x5 will allow me to do that. The lighter weight plus the monocular reflex hood (no dark cloth) and brighter ground glass will let me set up and shoot faster and easier. Later on I might take a more slow approach to shooting but I feel now I need to flow a bit with the photos and find out what works and what does not before moving up in formats to 5x7 and possibly 8x10.