Saturday, December 4, 2010

Truly Amazing Day

Every now and then you have one of those days that are truly memorable, today was one of those days for me.

Met people today that I will remember for years to come, saw things today that will be hard to forget, and felt things today that will live inside me for a long time.

Klong Toey is a place of poverty but also a place filled with kind hearted people who welcome strange farang men with smiles and kindness. I am probably only seeing the surface, the waters run deeper than what I saw today, there is good and bad in all places, in all societies, in all countries. I saw the good of the Klong Toey slumtoday and the good was very good. I was offered food, offered medical cream for my sore leg, offered beer and also offered a warm smile a little talk and a laugh.

Today was the best day I had in Thailand so far this trip. A day like today will be hard to top, when I am back home in Canada I will remember today with a smile.