Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Over 4x5 Fears

Coming to Thailand I was a bit afraid to use the 4x5 on the street. I have overcome that fear now, all it took was to to get the camera into the street and have some FUN making photographs (when I was at Weaw's house).

At first the thought of approaching strangers and asking to make their photographs with a large format camera was a bit scary, now it seems easy and exciting.

Today in Chiang Kong I went to a local temple and photographed 2 young monks (my first monks) and shot 2 sheets (all the film I had left) of a old deaf women in her home.

I am not sure what the pics will look like but am happy with the experience and fun of making the photos. I think like all my photography in the past the photographs will improve as I grow more and more comfortable with the camera and the style of shooting.

I got a start this trip with the 4x5 and Khon Thai portraits. I think next trip I will concentrate on this camera and bring more 4x5 sheet film. This trip I only brought 300 sheets next trip maybe 600.