Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Degas Course

Had a wonderful night out at the AGA, I went to a Degas course. It was fun to be around all that art, talking art and listening and learning. I found it to be very informative and the lady teaching the course was very knowledgeable and enjoyable to listen to. I wish the other people in the course (about 15 folks) would have spoken up more, I felt a bit like a loudmouth in the group always putting in my 2 cents but other than the monk like attitude of some of the people it was a great evening.

It is so cool that in the Impressionist days people would really get emotional and outspoken about art, it was like Art really really mattered and was important in their lives. Sometimes I feel that in our modern world people are to quiet about Art, speak up, be heard, make some noise!! (my 2 cents worth : )

A very nice enjoyable evening, I hope to have many more. I hear Matisse might be in the AGAs future, hopefully I am not working and can go to that course night! Please more photographers also!