Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Khon Thai Project Technique?

Been thinking how I will spend my 5 weeks in Thailand this coming year. I want to work on my "Khon Thai" photo series, the idea is to travel the country making potraits of people from all walks of Thai life.

How to use my 5 weeks best? I could just wander the streets of Bangkok looking for people to photograph, the population of Bangkok is over 10 million (maybe closer to 15 million) so I should be able to find a few souls willing to be photographed.

The other option is a bit more radical. I was thinking what about just going to a bus station and getting on the first bus I see! and getting off where ever it goes making photos then getting on another bus, get off make photos then another and another etc until my 5 weeks or up. I want to photograph the Thai people and all those buses are going to cities, towns and villages around the country why not just let fate take me where it may.