Thursday, July 23, 2009

Language School : Cambodia

Was walking down the street near the border when I passed a English language school. The owner of the school called me over, introduced himself and asked me to teach the class for 1 hour. I guess native language English speakers are rare and it is fun and important for the students to speak with people beside their teachers.

I accepted his invitation and spoke to the class for over one hour. The class was loads of fun and included much laughter and joking. I really enjoyed my time teaching and answering and encouraging questions.

At the end of the class Sam (the Korean owner/teacher) asked me to return in the future as a volunteer, he said he would give me free room and board. Got Sam's email for a possible return, another option for my future.