Thursday, June 25, 2009

Bla's Room

Photographed Bla in her room today. The room was hot and small with a spinning ceiling fan,it had not been painted for decades and was dirty. During the shoot Bla found a rather large cockroach which she swept out the door with a magazine. The room rented for about $5 CAD a day, Bla shared the room with another Thai girl who does not work as a prostitute.

I photographed her in various areas of the room, she had a dog toy and a bird toy that sang, there were no batteries for the bird toy Bla wanted to hear it sing again and asked me if I had any batteries.

Nice sweet girl who laughed and told jokes with me but who lived in a terrible place doing terrible things. When I cut my leg during the shoot Bla put some cream on the scraped skin for me. She said she often brought farang males back her room for shortime sex, some of the farang had sex with her then left the room without paying.

When I left the room I had to pay a fee to the man sitting out front, I guess when someone is brought to the room their is an extra charge (farang or Thai).