Sunday, June 28, 2009

Mod 23

Was sitting outside on the street in a shortime bar area watching people walk up and down the road. After sitting there for maybe 15 minutes a Thai lady came up from one of the bars and started talking to me.

We sat and talked for over 1 hour about her life and mine, she had worked the bars for 4 months, her name was Mod she was 23 years old and very beautiful.

Mod told me that she did not want to live with any man that the only thing she wanted to do was spend time with her friends, that she felt nothing when sleeping with a man in her heart or sexually.

Mod is an intelligent lady who learned English quickly, her parents were farmers, she worked the bars because her family was poor. Many times I have heard Thais and others say that people who work the bars are to lazy to work hard at a normal job. I do not think that the bar life is the easy way out, it must be so tempting to fall into this life when you can make 10 times or 100 times what you can make working another job.

What kind of life would a woman like Mod have if her family had the money to send her to university. If she had the opportunities I had in my life what could she make of hers?