Thursday, June 4, 2009

In Thai

Well made it to Thailand, 4 plane rides and lots of uncomfortable moments later I am here. The worse part was lugging the film through all the security at the airports. If I see another x-ray film destroying station I think I will vomit. I managed to not get my 120 film x-rayed but the 8x10 film was hit 3 times (1 time because I was forced to fly through Hong Kong when China airline changed my flight without informing me ahead of time). I have to try and get the 8x10 film hand checked on the trip home (bound to be a difficult in Vancouver).

I checked the flash equipment I had stored in Thailand and it looks ok some mice shit in the box but that's about it. I am hoping when I plug everything in it will power up and work correctly, hope hope!

I have a big room booked to use for my studio that will cost about 400-500 CAD for 5 weeks of shooting. The room is the nicest and the largest I have ever had in Thailand so it should help with the making of the photographs, I can space the flash units and the subject better to prevent flare etc.

I will take all the equipment via van tomorrow to the room and set up the studio. Hopefully if everything goes to plan I should be making portraits in 2 or 3 days.