Saturday, June 20, 2009

Following Jock's Advice

In emails that Jock Sturges sent me when I asked him to critique my work he suggested I needed to photograph the same people over several years. I have tried to do that during this years series of photographs. So far this trip I have rephotographed several people from 2007 and 2008.

- Nid female worker
- Long female worker
- Jiji ladyboy worker

Over the next few days I will try to rephotograph Ti and Mon, both male workers. I have also photographed several people for the first time this trip but have done several sessions over several day (up to 3 sessions per person).

It is so much easier photographing people that know and trust you. The photographer also benefits, if you photograph someone you know well you can usually communicate your messege more clearly.