Friday, March 6, 2009

More White Background Portraits

Planning a trip to Asia soon, I will continute the studio on white background portrait photographs from 2007. I have been debating which way to go with my work and I have decided that it is important to continue the white background 8x10 photographs. I hope to put the work of 2007 and the coming work of 2009 together to create a self published book by 2010. The 2007 photos were the first series I shot with the 8x10 Masterview so I am hoping that the work will continue to improve, I am very happy with the initial 2007 results but feel I can do better work this year.

I also plan to do more street portraiture with the Mamiya 6, similiar to my work with that camera in 1999. I recently had 2 of the Mamiya 6s repaired, both with the same film advance problems (seems a common break down in Mamiya 6 cameras). I am hopefull I can make some good portraits with this camera again.