Wednesday, August 6, 2008

VAAA Submission Deadline

I found out today that the deadline for submissions to the VAAA gallery for the 2009 season is Sept 15. I have already been rejected 3 times for a 1 man show at this gallery so I thought why not make it 4!! The deadline will push me to work hard in the darkroom over the next 40 or so days, deadlines have a tendency to make me work my ass off. Even when I am no doubt rejected again at least I will have much of the work from the last shoot developed and can use it to make submissions to galleries across Canada and the States.

I think I will concentrate on developing the 4x5 Tri-x shot with the Bananarama and make a Ladyboy submission from the best of the work I am able to process before the deadline.

Who knows the VAAA might actually like to try to show something a bit different and accept the work!! hope hope!