Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Packing Film

Well I spent the morning figuring out how much film and how the heck I was going to carry it all half way round the world today. My current carry on film bag has.

425 sheets of Tri-x 4x5 sheet film
20 sheets of Portra 4x5 Color VC film (for experimenting with)
62 rolls of 220 Portra Color VC film
50 rolls of 120 Tri-x

Not sure if I have to much or not enough, better to have to much so I think I will probably go with these totals. Now the problem is I have to run the gauntlet of x-ray machines. I will have to pass through 6 of these machines, the x-rays have a accumulative fogging affect on the film. I will try to get the film hand checked but when you try to explain what sheet film is to airport security personal it is sort of like your speaking to them in Swahili!