Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Going Back

This will be my 5th and shortest trip to Thailand. I pretty well know what to expect and it should not take long to get back into the flow of things. The difficulty will come in dealing with the heat, the heavy camera bag and getting the work done in the limited time available to me. The problem when you only have about 2 weeks for shooting is you cannot be as picky in choosing who you photograph, it is difficult to find very visual people when your trying to fit into a 2 shoots a day quota.

If I shoot less film and am more choosy with my subjects I will leave myself less choices in the darkroom later. I think I am better off shooting as much film as I can and as many subjects as I can.

Speaking in the Thai language again should be fun and interesting. Most of my photo work is done in Thai and when you have not spoke it for 1 year it is sort of like being thrown into the deep end of the pool. I will be gasping and grasping for words trying to make myself understood and more importantly trying to understand what the heck 3 or 4 people jabbering to me at the same time are saying!

Oh well should be fun, starting to feel excited, the photos will come, the adventure lies ahead. Now if I can just get through that painful 24 hour 3 airplane flight!