Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Cremation 2

What struck me most about the cremation was the simplicity and finality of it all. I knew this man in real life, he was a strong man a decent and good man and here he was in this coffin and I could see his face and body as it was surrounded by smoke and flames. It is a fate that awaits us all, someday the guy in the coffin will be me. It is so important to live your life to the fullest while you have a chance, to not live life in fear but to push yourself to live an exceptional life. I think if anything it reaffirmed the need I had to create a body of work while I was still physically able to do it. Life is a fragile thing that ends all to soon we must use the time given us properly.

I can still in my minds eye see the flames rising up around the coffin, the body lying inside not moving, the family crying and reaching out. The cremation is something I will never forget.