Monday, July 21, 2008

2nd night of photos

Photographed 2 people tonight a ladyboy named Paula 21 years old and also a girl from last years photos named Long 24 years old. Not sure of the quality of the images but I made fewer technical mistakes and I got phone numbers from both and hope to photograph them in there homes also.

I talked to Long about many of the people I photographed last year. Most were gone now. Sau was married to a farang in Switzerland and as Long told me "now she has big clean house and a nice car to drive!" Dao I guess was put into Jail by the Thai police with her Thai boyfriend, possibly on drug related charges. Yai has stopped working because she was to old now and could get no more customers. Jo was pregnant and not working. I guess Da is still around but away somewhere and will probably not return before I leave Thailand. People who work as sex workers do not have a long job life, I do not think I can do as Jock Sturges suggested and photograph the same people year in year out, they are simply gone to fast. If I stayed in Thailand for 1 year I could establish longer relationships of about 1 year with these people and photograph them several times. I will photograph Long again in her own home which will add some humanity to the images.