Friday, June 27, 2008

Almost Ready

I got the 2 camera systems I will use in Thailand pretty much figured out. I am still having a few composition issues with the bananara but I can pretty much guess what the composition of my image will be now. The lines in the range finder are only slightly off, I have pretty well figured out things. I will do a few photographs with the banarama of my father this coming week and post them.

Starting to get psyched up, I can see the images I want to make in my head and now I just have to get those darn things down on film! I plan on shooting more b/w film that I originally envisioned. Black and white has a beauty to it that is drawing me away from color again. I have been studying the work of Sebastiao Salgado and Diane Arbus lately and the simplicity and power of there b/w photographs is so moving. I want to do that in my work, simplify things, get down to a more basic level. Black and white has got to be the way to go. I still plan on doing my color work but I think the best photos from this very short trip will be in b/w.