Friday, May 30, 2008

10 Print Portfolio Boxes

I was thinking about doing a series of 10 print portfolio boxes. The prints would be made on fiber b/w or metallic color paper all in the 16x20 size, they would be matted and overmatted. The boxes would consist of some past photographic series.

1) Sex Worker
2) Bargirl
3) 3 Hearts
4) Street Life

I do not know if I will try to sell any of the box sets, probably not, but it would just be nice to have the photographs printed and matted properly. I would need to get some large storage boxes made to keep the prints in pristine condition and it would be quite time comsuming to do the printing but to have the best images printed, matted and boxed should be quite rewarding.

All those old prints are filled with memories for me. The memories of the people in the photographs and the memories of the making of the photographs would all come flooding back as I held the prints. Cartier-Bresson in his you tube biography video looks back at the photographs he made in his youth and you could see the emotion in his face, even from such a closed and private man you could see how much being near the work he created meant to him. I need to be closer to the work I made in the past, it is bound to help with the work of the future.