Friday, February 22, 2008

Future Pictures

Been seeing the faces of people I have known and tried to photograph recently. The memories come and go and flow through my mind, I see those forgotten figures and reflect back on what I could have done differently. Often I feel that what I needed to do with the camera I was unable to do. I feel that I let the subject and myself down.

Am wondering what the future will hold, where things will go creatively. Sometimes I am so concerned about the technical look of the photographs that I forget the soul. Should I not be looking at things from a emotional aspect more! The subject should be the basis of the image just let "the look" fall where it falls.

Instead of wasteting time playing with new gadgets and new looks, I should be concentrating on communicating the emotions I feel in my heart.

I need to make more photographs to feel my way through my confusion.