Sunday, January 13, 2008

My Yellow Camera

Well ordered my Razalle camera today. I decided to have some fun with the camera and make it YELLOW. I had quite a few leatherettes to choose from, partly for fun and partly because I will be photographing in Thailand, I chose Yellow. The gold/yellow colors are connected in the minds of Thai people to Buddhism and the royal family; both institutions are highly respected in Thailand. I wanted to show my respect for these institutions as well as the Thai people so choosing this color for my camera seemed the way to go. Who knows it might even bring me some good luck. I hope I can create images that are important and lasting with this new piece of equipment, images that pay the proper respect to the people photographed. It would be such a gift to be able to use this camera to capture the images that are always dancing around in my minds eye. To finally get some of those elusive visuals onto film is important.

Here’s hoping I can use this camera to capture those images and move others to help create positive change.