Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Sex Worker Series

I have been thinking alot about my latest project shot between April and June of 2007. The project was a series of portraits of Sex Workers from Thailand, the images were made with a large format 8x10 camera. All the photographs were shot on white backgrounds in a studio setting(actually an apartment I rented to place my flash equipment in).

Been thinking alot about the people I met while shooting these photographs. I can remember their faces and voices, they sort of haunt me now it is like everytime I make a print from my negs a get a flash back moment to my time with them. I often think about their lives and wonder what has happened to them since I left.

I took photos of Sex Workers in 1999 and 2003 as well and now many of those people are gone, many have died, most have left the scene some to happy lives no doubt but many to lives that none of us would envy. I think back to the faces from this last project and wonder what has happened to these people since we parted.