Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Nit Portrait Thoughts


I made a b/w photograph back in 2003 of an older Sex Worker in Bangkok named Nit. I have been thinking about that image a lot lately. I think in the future I would like to continue to work in this way. The photograph was made with a twin reflex Mamiya camera which allowed me to move close in and still be able to focus with an 80mm lens. My thoughts keep coming back to this image, I should continue down this road, not sure if I will do it in b/w or color. The closeness of the face seems to add an intimacy that is not as pronounced in the portraits shot from a greater distance. I will do some more experimentation with this set up. I recently purchased a new flash bracket, this bracket allows me to place the flash directly over top the viewing/focusing lens.